Field of Membership
Membership is open to all Long Islanders who:
- Live on Long Island
- Work on Long Island
- Worship on Long Island
- Attend School on Long Island
- Are employed by a Bethpage Federal Credit Union Corporate Business Partner, including retirees
- Are employed by Bethpage Federal Credit Union
- Were members of record of the AIL Federal Credit Union as of the effective date of merger
- Are part of a member’s immediate family
- Step Child
- Household is defined as persons living in the same residence maintaining a single economic unit.
- “Regularly conduct business in” the areas which we serve
- People who “Regularly conduct business in” the areas which we serve must physically do business in the areas we serve on a regular basis.
- Person takes flying lessons at Long Island Flying in Ronkonkoma.
- Person lives (works, worships etc) in Manhattan, and is the chairperson of Long Island chapter of the Nature Conservancy who does benefits, events and fund raisers to support and preserved over 100,000 acres of pine barrens forests, coastal dunes, ocean beaches, and wetlands.
Remember: Once a member, always a member!
Our Long Island Charter consists of:
- All of Nassau County
- Suffolk County Portions:
- Town of Huntington
- Town of Babylon
- Town of Smithtiown
- Town of Islip
- Town of Brookhaven
- The Poospatuck Reservation
- Town of Riverhead
- Town of Southold
- Towns not within Field of Membership (South Fork of Long Island):
- Part of Eastport
- Sag Harbor
- East Hampton
- NOTE: Residents of these towns are eligible for membership if they meet any of the other eligibility requirements (work, worship, attend school, etc. See top of page).