The safety and security of your account is of utmost importance to us. Occasionally, you may receive fraudulent emails from sources that claim to be Bethpage Federal Credit Union, asking for personally identifiable information. Bethpage will never contact members through email to request information such as account numbers, passwords, debit or credit card numbers, expiration dates, social security numbers or personal identification numbers (PIN).
You should never respond to an email that:
- Asks you to validate or update your personal information.
- Threatens to close or suspend your account if you do not take immediate action and provide personal information.
- Solicits your participation in a survey where you are asked to enter personal information.
- States that your account has been compromised or that there has been third-party activity on your account and requests you to enter or confirm your account information.
- States that there are unauthorized charges on your account and requests your account information.
- Asks you to enter your User ID, password or account numbers, PIN numbers or card expiration dates.
- Asks you to confirm, verify, or refresh your account, credit card, or billing information.
If you are questioning the authenticity of an email claiming to be sent by Bethpage Federal Credit Union, please follow the steps below.
- Forward it to our fraud monitoring email box at email@example.com.
- Permanently delete the message from your inbox.
- Call us at 1-800-628-7070 if you have additional questions or are concerned that you may have provided personal account information.
Our security team will investigate the legitimacy of the email and take necessary actions should the communication be fraudulent.