Currently, debits are processed to your Bethpage accounts once per day. Going forward, transactions such as electronic checks and external withdrawals may post to your account multiple times throughout the business day. Previously, debit transactions could have taken as long as 2 business days and may now be withdrawn from your account the same day.
What this means for you:
- Your balance may change multiple times throughout the day.
- Some debits could be processed prior to a credit within the same day.
- Insufficient funds fee is applied automatically at the time the debit occurs if funds are not available.
- Credits could be posted after your account incurs an insufficient fee.
Bethpage does not determine when debits and/or credits are processed. This is dependent on the institution who is initiating the payment.
Ways to manage and monitor your account:
- Set up balance alerts on your account.
- Before scheduling or making a payment, ensure you have sufficient funds in your account.
- Apply for overdraft protection and set up direct deposit on your account.
Want to learn more?
LEARN MORE »
Click below for a quick tutorial on overdraft.