Bethpage Federal Credit Union:
Back to School Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
1. SWEEPSTAKES DESCRIPTION: The Bethpage Federal Credit Union Back to School Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is a sweepstakes where Bethpage will post a Promo Post with the copy “✏️📓Bethpage Back to School Sweepstakes 🎓🚌 Thinking about Back-to-School shopping already? Comment below with your Child(ren)’s favorite subject in school by 11:59pm ET on Friday, August 12, 2022, for a chance to win a backpack full of school supplies! Two winners will be randomly selected on Monday, August 15, 2022.”(the “Promo Post”) on Bethpage’s Facebook Bethpage’s Facebook Page, Bethpage’s Instagram Pagepages during the entry period (as more fully described herein) and entrants (or “participants”) that post, in the comment section of the Promo Post, during the entry period with their child’s favorite subject in school will automatically be enrolled for a chance to win a prize (as more fully described herein) through a random drawing from all eligible entrants.
The Sweepstakes entry period begins on Wednesday, August 10, 2022 at 10:00 a.m., Eastern Time (“ET) and ends on Friday, August 12, 2022 at 11:59 a.m. ET (“Entry Period”).
Bethpage will randomly select, on Monday, August 15 2022, at 12:00 p.m ET, a total of four (4) winners (two (2) from Facebook and two (2) from Instagram) from the eligible entries submitted.
Entry in the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, giveaway or sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Bethpage, 899 South Oyster Bay Road, Bethpage, NY 11714, whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents (excluding residents of Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam and other United States territories), who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Bethpage and each of their affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, franchisees, distributors, dealers, sales representatives, their advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes, immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings) and individuals living in the households of such employees are not eligible to participate. Eligibility is subject to all federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations. All entries submitted are the property of the Sponsor. The Bethpage Federal Credit Union database clock will be the timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE (Entry Period 1 – June 1, 2022- June 30, 2022; Entry Period 2 – July 1, 2022- July 31, 2022; Entry Period 3 – August 1, 2022 – August 31, 2022.)
Participants may enter the Sweepstakes in one of three (3) ways:
1. Visit Bethpage’s Facebook Page, (www.facebook.com/LoveBethpage)
during the Entry Period, access the Bethpage Federal Credit Union Back to School Sweepstakes Promo Post on Bethpage’s Facebook timeline, and during the Entry Period, post your child(ren)’s favorite subject in school in the comment section. Entrants that submit such an eligible comment will automatically be enrolled for a chance to win a prize, (as more fully described herein) through a random drawing from all eligible entrants.
2. Visit Bethpage’s Instagram Page, (www.instagram.com/LoveBethpage)
during the Entry Period, access the Bethpage Federal Credit Union Back to School Sweepstakes Promo Post on Bethpage’s Facebook timeline, and during the Entry Period post your child(ren)’s favorite subject in school in the comment section. Entrants that submit an eligible comment will automatically be enrolled for a chance to win a prize, (as more fully described herein) through a random drawing from all eligible entrants.
3. To enter the Sweepstakes without being a Bethpage Facebook fan, hand print your full name, address, zip code, evening telephone number, date of birth, email address (if you have one), during the Entry Period on a plain piece of 8 ½” x 11” paper and mail the entry of your child(ren)’s favorite subject in school with first-class postage affixed to: Bethpage, Marketing Department – Bethpage Federal Credit Union Back to School Sweepstakes, 899 S. Oyster Bay Road, Bethpage, NY 11714.
All entries, regardless of method of entry, must be received by: Friday, August 12, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Participants will only be entered once in the Sweepstakes. Participants may enter one (1) entry during the Entry Period. Additional entries will be disqualified. All entries are subject to verification and approval by Bethpage. Entries that do not meet the requirements or otherwise do not comply with the Official Rules herein may be disqualified.
Bethpage will determine in its sole discretion, what constitutes a valid entry. All materials submitted become the property of Bethpage and will not be returned or acknowledged.
Bethpage reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Sweepstakes as determined by Bethpage, in its sole discretion, and to award the prizes based on eligible entries received prior to the cancellation.
Entrant’s Representations: By entering the Sweepstakes you represent and warrant that the submission does not infringe the rights of any third party, does not contain copyrighted or trademarked elements other than those elements owned by the entrant, and is not plagiarized. Use of any copyright or trademark elements owned by a third party or plagiarized elements will result in disqualification of a submission, in Bethpage’s sole discretion. If a submission depicts any third party, you must have permission from that third party. Entrants must own the rights to the submission and consent to the appearance of the submission on Bethpage’s Facebook and Instagram pages.
Entry Notes: All submissions will be reviewed by Bethpage and Bethpage, at its sole discretion, will determine whether to void an entry if the submission may be obscene, pornographic, violent, cruel, mean spirited, offensive in any manner, or in any other way not suitable to be published. Entries made on another’s behalf by any other individuals or any other entity, including but not limited to commercial giveaway/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes is prohibited and any entries deemed by Bethpage, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Bethpage’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. By entering, all participants and/or entrants release Bethpage from, and against, all claims and damages arising in connection with each entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her receipt or use of the prize awarded in this Sweepstakes.
Bethpage is not responsible for problems downloading or uploading of any Sweepstakes-related information to or from the website or for any other technical malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failures, phone lines, failure of any electronic mail entry to be received by Bethpage on account of technical problems, traffic, congestion on the internet or the website, or any other technical problems related to website entries including telecommunication miscommunication or failure, and failed, lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled or misdirected communications which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in this Sweepstakes.
4. PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”):
Bethpage will randomly select four (4) winners, two (2) from Facebook and two (2) from Instagram on Monday, August 15, 2022 by 12:00 p.m. ET from all the eligible entries submitted during the Entry Period and each winner will be awarded one (1) Backpack filled with school supplies (Itemized list broken out below) (the “Prize”). (ARV of each Prize is $175.98 and Total ARV of all four (4) Prizes is $703.92).
1) Herschel Classic Backpack, Grey, XL 30.0L - $59.99
2) Skullcandy Indy Evo True Wireless In-Ear Earbuds – True Black - $49.99
3) Mega Back to School Supply Kit Bundle - $66.00
a. 10 paper 2-pocket folders
b. 5 wide ruled spiral notebooks
c. 2 Black and White Wide Ruled Composition Notebooks (100 sheets)
d. 2 - 1" binders (1 black and 1 white)
e. 2 packs wide ruled notebook paper (150 sheets)
f. 4 Glue Sticks
g. 8 Go Pack Kleenex Facial Tissues
h. 1 (10 count) Broad Line Crayola Markers
i. 1 (12 count) Crayola Colored Pencils
j. 1 (24 count) Crayola Crayons
k. 10 Black Paper Mate Ballpoint pens
l. 10 Blue Paper Mate Ballpoint Pens
m. 1 Pencil Pouch (Color May Vary)
n. 1 Fiskars 12" Wood Ruler
o. 5 Sharpie Chisel Tip Highlighters
p. 6 Beveled Pink Erasers
q. 5 Pencil Cap Erasers
r. 1 Pack Ruled Index Cards (100 count)
s. 12 Ticonderoga Yellow Soft Number 2 Pencils
t. 1 2" World Globe Stress Ball.
Odds of winning the Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Federal, state and local taxes and expenses in relation to the acceptance and use of the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. A 1099 Tax form may be mailed to the winners.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Conduct of the Sweepstakes is under the supervision of Bethpage. If the winning entry is submitted via Facebook or Instagram, the winner will be notified via Facebook or Instagram. If the winning entry is submitted via postage mail, the winner will be notified via email, phone, or express mail using the contact information provided at the time of entry. Bethpage shall have no liability for any potential Prize winner notification that is lost, intercepeted or not received by any potential Prize winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, any potential prize winner does not respond within three (3) days of the first notification attempt, or if the Prize notification or Prize is retuned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential Prize winner, such Prize winner will forfeit his or her Prize and an alternate winner may be selected. If any potential Prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a Prize for any reason prior to award, such potential Prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate Prize winner may be selected.
6. GENERAL RULES; PUBLICITY RELEASE/ASSIGNMENT OF RIGHTS: By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Entrant affirms that he or she is over 18 years of age and have the right to contract their own name. Winner and all entrants, as a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, agree to release Bethpage and Facebook from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes, the receipt, ownership or use of Prize awarded or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of the Prize. Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrants permission for Bethpage to use entrants entry materials, name, portrait, picture, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and complete address (collectively, the “Attributes”), for advertising, publicity and/or trade purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization, (except where prohibited by law), and releases Bethpage from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes. Acceptance of the Prize constitutes prize winner’s permission to Bethpage to use winner’s entry materials and Attributes, for advertising, publicity and/or trade purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization, (except where prohibited by law), and releases Bethpage from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes. Winners will be required to complete and sign Affidavits of Eligibility and Public release in order to claim Prize.
Entry grants Bethpage and its agents the right to record, copy, publish, use, edit, exhibit, distribute, perform, merchandise, license, sublicense, adapt and/or modify such entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation and without any compensation to the entrant. Entry further constitutes the entrant’s consent to irrevocably assign and transfer to Bethpage any and all rights, title and interest in the entry, including, without limitation, all copyrights.
7. DISQUALIFICATION: Bethpage reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or with the intent to disparage, annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or is suspected or commits fraud. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, Bethpage reserves the right to seek damages and any other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted.
8. TERMINATION AND MODIFICATION: Bethpage reserves the right to terminate or modify this Sweepstakes without prior notice for any reason, including (but not limited to) if, for any reason, the Sweepstakes does not take place, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, legal prohibition, or any other causes beyond the control of Bethpage which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes or any other reason whatsoever. If such termination occurs, Bethpage reserves the right to award prizes (as applicable) from among all eligible entries received by the end of the day prior to cancellation, or not to award any prize.
9. SURVIVAL: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Bethpage’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Bethpage and Meta Platforms Inc. are not responsible for, and entrant hereby releases Bethpage and Meta Platforms, Inc. from any claims arising from: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but no limited to the malfunctioning of any computer or mobile device hardware, software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to the entrant’s computer system or mobile device, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes; and (vi) the use of any prize.
11. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of the state of New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
13. SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Bethpage Federal Credit Union 899 S. Oyster Bay Road Bethpage, New York 11714.
The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Meta Platforms, Inc. (Facebook Inc. and Instagram) You understand that you are providing your information to Bethpage Federal Credit Union and not to Meta Platforms Inc. (Facebook Inc. and Instagram). The information you provide will only be used in the event you are selected as a Sweepstakes winner or if you have indicated that you would like to receive additional information from Bethpage Federal Credit Union.
14. WINNERS LIST: To obtain the names of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Bethpage Federal Credit Union, Marketing Department – Bethpage Federal Credit Union Back to School Sweepstakes, 899 South Oyster Bay Road, Bethpage, NY 11714. All such requests must be received by September 15, 2022, at 5:00 p.m. ET.