Bethpage Federal Credit Union:
2018 HELOC Video Doorbell Promotion
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
- PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The Bethpage Federal Credit Union 2018 Home Equity Loan or Line Of Credit (“HELOC”) Video Doorbell Promotion (the “Promotion”) is a Promotion where entrants (or “participants”) that are either: 1) members who apply for and close on either a Bethpage Home Equity Loan or a Bethpage Home Equity Line of Credit during the entry period; or 2) members or non-members that submit a mailed entry during the entry period, as described below in Section 3 (entitled “How to Participate”), will be entered into the Promotion for a chance to win a Ring® video doorbell. Up to one hundred (100) Ring® video doorbells will be awarded. Limit one (1) entry per HELOC that is applied for and closed. Limit one (1) entry per household. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of valid entries submitted during the entry period. The Promotion entry period begins on Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 12:00 a.m. ET and ends on Saturday, June 30, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. ET (“Entry Period”).
Winners will be announced on Friday, July 6, 2018 by 5:00 p.m. ET. Entry in the Promotion does not constitute entry into any other promotion or sweepstakes. By participating in the Promotion, each participant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Bethpage, 899 South Oyster Bay Road, Bethpage, NY 11714, whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Promotion is open to legal U.S. residents (excluding residents of Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam and other United States territories), who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Bethpage and its affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, franchisees, distributors, dealers, sales representatives, their advertising and promotion agencies, any and all other companies associated with Bethpage or this Promotion, immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings) and individuals living in the households of such persons are not eligible to participate. Eligibility is subject to all federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations.
This Promotion is void where restricted or prohibited by law.
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE (April 7, 2018 – June 30, 2018): Participants may enter the Promotion in one of two (2) ways.
(a) If you are a member who applies for and closes on either a Bethpage Home Equity Loan or a Bethpage Home Equity Line of Credit during the Entry Period.
(b) To enter the Promotion without applying for and closing on either a Bethpage Home Equity Loan or a Bethpage Home Equity Line of Credit, hand print your full name, address, zip code, evening telephone number, date of birth and email address on a plain piece of 3”x 5” paper, and mail it with a self-addressed, stamped envelope with first-class postage affixed during the Entry Period to: Bethpage, Marketing Department – Bethpage Federal Credit Union 2018 HELOC Video Doorbell Promotion Entry, 899 S. Oyster Bay Road, Bethpage, NY 11714.
All entries, regardless of method of entry, must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on Saturday, June 30, 2018.
Participants will only be entered once in the Promotion, and may redeem only one Prize, regardless of how many Bethpage Home Equity Loans or Bethpage Home Equity Lines of Credit participants apply for and close on and how many mailed entries participants submit. If a Bethpage Home Equity Loan or Bethpage Home Equity Line of Credit is jointly applied for and jointly closed during the Entry Period, only the primary member will be entered in the Promotion, and the co-borrower is not eligible to participate in the Promotion. All entries are subject to verification and approval by Bethpage. Entries that do not meet the requirements or otherwise do not comply with the Official Rules herein will be disqualified.
Bethpage will determine, in its sole discretion, what constitutes a valid entry. All materials submitted become the property of Bethpage and will not be returned or acknowledged.
Bethpage reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion if fraud or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Promotion as determined by Bethpage, in its sole discretion, and to void any prize awards claimed after the cancellation.
- PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): The Sponsor will award one (1) Ring® video doorbell (the “Prize”) to each winner, with up to one hundred (100) Prizes being awarded in total. AVR for each Ring® video doorbell is $150.00 and the total ARV of all one hundred (100) Prizes is $15,000.00. Winners will be chosen in a random drawing containing all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Winners are subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules. Other conditions and restrictions may apply. Odds of winning Prize depend on the number of valid entries submitted during the Entry Period.
Federal, state, local taxes and expenses relating to the acceptance and use of the Prize are the sole responsibility of each winner. 1099 Tax forms may be provided to the winners at the end of the tax year, when forms are available.
- PRIZE CLAIM: Conduct of the Promotion is under the supervision of Bethpage. Each participant that has won a Prize will be notified by a Bethpage representative either by phone, email, FedEx courier service or the United States Postal Service on Friday, July 6, 2018 by 5 p.m. (“Notification”). Winners are required to sign and return (except where prohibited) a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and a W-9 tax form (the “Paperwork”) within fourteen (14) days of the Notification in order to be awarded the Prize. If any winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence (but must be over the age of 18), the Paperwork must be completed and signed by his/her parent or legal guardian and the Prize will be delivered to the minor’s parent/legal guardian and awarded in the name of parent/legal guardian. After verification of the Paperwork, winners will either be mailed the Prize using the United States Postal Service, or required to pick up the Prize at a Bethpage Federal Credit Union branch location. Bethpage shall have no liability for any Prize that is lost, intercepted, or not received for any reason. If the Prize winner cannot be reached within two (2) days from the first Notification attempt, fails to return the Paperwork within fourteen (14) days of the first Notification attempt, is found to be ineligible, does not comply with the Official Rules, declines a Prize for any reason prior to the award, or if the Notification is returned as undeliverable, such Prize winner will forfeit his or her Prize, as well as be disqualified, and an alternate Prize winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. In no event will more than the stated number of Prizes be awarded. Limit one (1) prize per HELOC applied for and closed. Limit one (1) prize per household. Not valid with any other offer.
The value associated with the Prize is taxable as income and the Prize winner is solely responsible for any taxes, including, but not limited to, all applicable federal, state and local taxes that become due with respect to the value of the Prize. To the extent required by law, the Sponsor will furnish each Prize winner with an IRS Form 1099 and report the value of the Prize by filing a copy of such form with the Internal Revenue Service.
- GENERAL RULES; PUBLICITY RELEASE/ASSIGNMENT OF RIGHTS: By participating and/or receiving the Prize, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Bethpage, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Entrant affirms that he or she is 18 years of age and has the right to contract their own name.
Acceptance of any Prize constitutes Prize winner’s permission for Bethpage to use the Prize winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and complete address (collectively, the “Attributes”) for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization, except where prohibited by law, and releases Bethpage from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes. Winners will be required to complete and sign Affidavits of Eligibility, a Liability/Publicity Release, and a W-9 tax form in order to claim Prizes.
- DISQUALIFICATION: Bethpage reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion; acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to disparage, annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, Bethpage reserves the right to seek damages and any other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted.
- TERMINATION AND MODIFICATION: Bethpage reserves the right to terminate or modify this Promotion without prior notice for any reason, including (but not limited to) if, for any reason, the Promotion does not take place, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, legal prohibition, or any other causes beyond the control of Bethpage which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, or any other reason whatsoever. If such termination occurs, Bethpage reserves the right to award the Prizes (as applicable) from among all eligible entries received by the end of the day prior to cancellation, or not to award any Prizes.
- SURVIVAL: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Bethpage’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Winners and all participants, as a condition of entry into the Promotion, agree to release and hold harmless Bethpage, its affiliates and related individuals from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with participating in any aspect of the Promotion, the receipt, ownership or use of Prize awarded or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of the Prize. Bethpage assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, or theft. Bethpage shall have no liability for any entries that are lost, late, damaged, illegible, misdirected, intercepted or not received for any reason.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of the state of New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Bethpage in connection with the Promotion shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of New York.
- DATA COLLECTION: Bethpage collects personal information from participants when they enter the Promotion for use in administration of the Promotion. Bethpage and its promotional partners reserve the right to provide Promotion participants with promotional emails and information regarding Bethpage products or services (“Promotional Materials”), unless the participant opts out of receiving such materials (or has already opted out as a current member of Bethpage).
If you are a current member of Bethpage and enter the Promotion by automatic entry, you will have the opportunity to consent to receive Promotional Materials. If you are not a current member at Bethpage and enter the Promotion by mail in entry, you may opt out of receiving Promotional Materials by affirming on the mailed 3x5 entry card that you do not want to receive these materials.
- SPONSOR: The Promotion is sponsored by Bethpage Federal Credit Union, 899 S. Oyster Bay Road Bethpage, New York 11714.
You understand that you are providing your information to Bethpage and the information you provide will only be used in the event you are a winner or if you have indicated that you would like to receive additional information from Bethpage.
- WINNERS LIST: To obtain the names of the Prize winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Bethpage Federal Credit Union, Marketing Department – Bethpage Federal Credit Union 2018 HELOC Video Doorbell Promotion, 899 South Oyster Bay Road, Bethpage, NY 11714. All such requests must be received by September 30, 2018, at 5:00p.m. EST