ELIGIBILITY:This Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents (excluding residents of Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam and other United States territories), who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry and are either the owners of the property photographed or individuals authorized to be an occupant at the property photographed and have received the owner of the property’s permission the enter the Sweepstakes. Employees, officers and directors of Bethpage and each of its affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, franchisees, distributors, dealers, sales representatives, their advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes, immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings) and individuals living in the households of such employees are not eligible to participate. All eligibility is subject to all federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations. All entries submitted are the property of Bethpage. The Facebook database clock will be the timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE (Entry Period 1 - September 10, 2018 – September 16, 2018; Entry Period 2 – September 17, 2018 – September 23, 2018; Entry Period 3 – September 24, 2018 – September 30, 2018; Entry Period 4 – October1, 2018 - October 7, 2018): Participants may enter the Promotion in one of two (2) ways.
(a) Visit Bethpage’s Facebook Page during the applicable Entry Period and access the Home Renovation Photo 2018 Sweepstakes application (“Application”) on the Facebook Platform by clicking on the “Sweepstakes” tab or sweepstakes link. Once on the Application, enter the Sweepstakes, during the applicable entry period, by completing the online entry form, uploading either one (1) photo of a room you would like to renovate in your home or one (1) before and one (1) after photo of a room you recently renovated in your home, checking the box indicating your agreement to the official rules, and clicking the submit button.
(b) To enter without being a Bethpage Facebook fan, hand print your full name, address, zip code, evening telephone number, date of birth and email address (if you have one), during the applicable Entry Period, on a plain piece of 3” x 5” paper and mail your entry with your Home Renovation Photo with first class postage affixed to: Bethpage, Marketing Department – Home Renovation Sweepstakes Entry, 899 S. Oyster Bay Road, Bethpage, NY 11714.
All entries, regardless of method of entry, must be received by the applicable Entry Period end date and end time provided herein. One entry per household per Entry Period. Participants may enter once per Entry Period. Additional entries will be disqualified. Photos must be submitted in .PNG, .JPG, or .GIF format. All entries are subject to verification and approval by Bethpage. Entries that do not meet the requirements or otherwise do not comply with the Official Rules herein may be disqualified.
Bethpage will determine in its sole discretion, what constitutes a valid entry. All materials submitted become the property of Bethpage and will not be returned or acknowledged.
Bethpage reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Sweepstakes as determined by Bethpage, in its sole discretion, and to award the prizes based on eligible entries received prior to the cancellation.
Entrant’s Representations: By entering the Sweepstakes you represent and warrant that the submission does not infringe the rights of any third party, does not contain copyrighted or trademarked elements other than those elements owned by the entrant, and is not plagiarized. Use of any copyright or trademark elements owned by a third party or plagiarized elements will result in disqualification of a submission, in Bethpage’s sole discretion. If a submission depicts any third party, you must have permission from that third party. Entrants must own the rights to the submission and consent to the appearance of the submission on Bethpage’s Facebook page.
Entry Notes: Entrant should review their entry prior to submission; once the submission is entered Entrant cannot access/revise entry in any way. All submissions will be reviewed by Bethpage and Bethpage, at its sole discretion, will determine whether to void the entry if the submission may be obscene, pornographic, violent, cruel, mean spirited, offensive in any manner, or in any other way not suitable to be published. Entries made on another’s behalf by any other individuals or any other entity, including but not limited to commercial giveaways/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes is prohibited and any entries deemed by Bethpage, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Bethpage’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. By entering, all participants and/or entrants release Bethpage from, and against, all claims and damages arising in connection with each entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her receipt or use of the prize awarded in this Sweepstakes.
Bethpage is not responsible for problems downloading or uploading of any Sweepstakes-related information to or from the website or for any other technical malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failures, phone lines, failure of any electronic mail entry to be received by Bethpage on account of technical problems, traffic, congestion on the internet or the website, or any other technical problems related to website entries including telecommunication miscommunication or failure, and failed, lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled or misdirected communications which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in this Sweepstakes.
- PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): Bethpage will award one (1) MasterCard gift card (the “Prize”) (ARV of the Prize is $150.00”) in a random drawing to one (1) eligible entrant at the end of each Sweepstakes Entry Period. (Total ARV for all four (4) Prizes is $600.00)
Odds of winning the Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Federal, state and local taxes and expenses relation to the acceptance and use of the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. A 1099 Tax form may be mailed to the winners.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Conduct of the Sweepstakes is under the supervision of Bethpage. If the winning entry is submitted via Facebook, the winner will be notified via Facebook. If the winning entry is submitted via postage mail, the winner will be notified via email, phone express mail using the contact information provided at the time of entry. Bethpage shall have no liability for any potential prize winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by any potential prize winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, any potential prize winner does not respond within three (3) days of the first notification attempt, or if the prize notification or prize is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential prize winner, such potential prize winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate prize winner may be selected.
- GENERAL RULES; PUBLICITY RELEASE/ASSIGNMENT OF RIGHTS: By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Bethpage, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Entrant affirms that he or she is over 18 years of age and have the right to contract their own name. Winner and all entrants, as a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, agree to release Bethpage and Facebook from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes, the receipt, ownership or use of Prize awarded or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of the Prize. Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrants permission for Bethpage to use entrants entry materials, name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and complete address (collectively, the “Attributes”), for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization, (except where prohibited by law), and releases Bethpage from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes. Acceptance of any Prize constitutes prize winner’s permission for Bethpage to use prize winner’s entry materials, name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and complete address (collectively, the “Attributes”), for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization, (except where prohibited by law), and releases Bethpage from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes. Winners will be required to complete and sign Affidavits of Eligibility and Public release in order to claim Prize.
Entry grants Bethpage and its agents the right to record, copy, publish, use, edit, exhibit, distribute, perform, merchandise, license, sublicense, adapt and/or modify such entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation and without any compensation to the entrant. Entry further constitutes the entrant’s consent to irrevocably assign and transfer to Bethpage any and all rights, title and interest in the entry, including, without limitation, all copyrights.
- DISQUALIFICATION:Bethpage reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or with the intent to disparage, annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, Bethpage reserves the right to seek damages and any other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted.
- TERMINATION AND MODIFICATION: Bethpage reserves the right to terminate or modify this Sweepstakes without prior notice for any reason, including (but not limited to) if, for any reason, the Sweepstakes does not take place, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, legal prohibition, or any other causes beyond the control of Bethpage which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes or any other reason whatsoever. If such termination occurs, Bethpage reserves the right to award prizes (as applicable) from among all eligible entries received by the end of the day prior to cancellation, or not to award any prize.
- SURVIVAL: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Bethpage’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Bethpage and Facebook Inc. are not responsible for, and entrant hereby releases Bethpage and Facebook, Inc. from any claims arising from: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer or mobile device hardware, software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to the entrant’s computer system or mobile device, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes; and (vi) the use of any prize.
- DISPUTES:Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of the state of New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Bethpage in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of New York.
- SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Bethpage Federal Credit Union, 899 S. Oyster Bay Road, Bethpage, NY 11714-1030.
The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Inc. You understand that you are providing your information to Bethpage Federal Credit Union and not to Facebook Inc. The information you provide will only be used in the event you are selected as a Sweepstakes winner or if you have indicated that you would like to receive additional information from Bethpage Federal Credit Union.
- WINNERS LIST: To obtain the names of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Bethpage Federal Credit Union, Marketing Department, June 2018 Commack Grand Opening Cash Sweepstakes, 899 S. Oyster Bay Road, Bethpage, NY 11714. All requests must be received by July 2nd, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. ET.