← Click here to return to VITA page.
Join Our Cause
“Serving the community one taxpayer at a time.”
The IRS-sponsored Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) programs have been providing community service to millions since 1969 by helping taxpayers prepare their tax returns for FREE! VITA/TCE provides measurable results with a positive economic impact.
As a volunteer, you will help people that need it most: low-to-moderate income and limited English proficient taxpayers, senior citizens, people with disabilities…your community.
What’s in it for me? (Benefits)
- Learn new skills and/or build upon current skills – resume builder
- Free education – premier tax training & practical application
- Network with community members and agencies
- Rewarding and meaningful experience
- Tax preparation savings for you, your family and friends
- Continuing Education (CE) credits for many professionals such as Enrolled Agents, non-credentialed tax return preparers and Certified Financial Planners; attorneys and Certified Public Accountants (CPA) may also qualify for CE credits depending upon their state licensing requirements or the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA)
Who can volunteer?
- No prior experience is required
- If you take pride in complete and accurate work
- If you are willing to complete the IRS training program
- Anyone with the desire to help people.
If you are:
- A student (colleges/universities and high schools)
- Proficient in other languages (including American Sign Language)
- A retiree
- A tax practitioner
- A professional (i.e. IT, law, financial, marketing, medical, etc.)
- An IRS employee
Volunteers are required to service at least one shift per week for a minimum of 3 hours per shift.
Enter your information below and select the times that you are available.