1. Information That We Collect
When you visit and/or use the Site, we receive and collect certain information about you.
Information You Choose to Submit
We receive and store any information you enter on the Site, such as information provided through forms, surveys, applications, other online fields, or given to us in any other way. Information you provide may contain personally identifiable information. Personally identifiable information is information that can identify a specific person and includes name, postal and email address, phone number, social security number, and account numbers. We may combine this online information with information collected from offline sources, information we already have (including from your other devices), or information that is publicly available. It is possible to browse our Site without submitting any personally identifiable information.
Automatically Collected Information
Every time you visit the Site, some information is automatically collected by us and our third-party service providers, including:
- From your browser or device – Most browsers and devices collect and share certain information, such as Internet Protocol (IP) address, device type, screen resolution, operating system version, internet browser type and version, and geo-location of the device.
Most browsers are typically set to accept cookies. You can choose to have your browser warn you every time a cookie is being sent to you or you can choose not to accept cookies. You can also delete cookies from your device at any time. Most browsers and devices offer their own privacy settings for cookies and you will need to manage your cookie settings for each device and browser that you use. Please note that if you refuse or delete cookies, the functionality of the Site may be impacted and/or you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Site and some online products and services. For example, we will not be able to recognize your device. You may also not receive tailored advertising or other offers from us that may be relevant to your interests and needs. Please note that even if you disable or delete cookies, you will receive the same number of advertisements as before, but those advertisements may not be as relevant to you.
- Through other technologies – In addition to using cookies, we and/or our third-party advertising providers may also use similar technologies to track your interactions with our Site. These technologies include web beacons (transparent graphical images placed on a website), pixel tags, and Flash objects. Please refer to your browser’s instructions to remove cached Sites, history, and images from your device. If you choose to disable these technologies, the functionality of the Site may become impacted and you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Site and some online products and services.
2. How We Use Information
We may use the information collected from and about you in a number of ways including maintenance and improvement of the Site, consumer service and user experience, advertising, and security.
Information You Choose to Submit
We may use information you choose to provide us through the Site, including personally identifiable information, in a number of ways, including:
- To personalize your experience on the Site
- To allow you to apply for products or services and to evaluate your eligibility for such products or services
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests
- To inform you about important information regarding the Site, products, or services for which you have enrolled in, applied for, or may be interested in applying for, as well as changes to terms, conditions, and policies, and/or other administrative information
- To deliver marketing communications that may be of interest to you, including advertisements or offers tailored to you
- To verify your identity and/or location in order to allow access to your accounts, conduct online transactions, and to prevent fraud and protect the security of your information and the Site
- To allow you to participate in surveys and other forms of market research, sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions and to administer these activities
- To comply with laws and regulations, and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements
Automatically Collected Information
We may use information automatically collected, including through cookies and other technologies, in a number of ways, including:
- To recognize your device and to allow you to use online products and services
- To remember your personal settings including preferences and otherwise personalize your experience on the Site
- To facilitate navigation of the Site and ensure technological compatibility with your device
- To display information more effectively and understand how account holders and visitors use the Site
- To improve our products and services
- To provide advertisements and marketing offers and measure the effectiveness of our advertisements and content
- To ensure the Site functions properly
- For fraud detection and prevention and security purposes
- To collect statistical information and conduct aggregate analyses on usage patterns of the Site and response rates
- To help diagnose server problems
We may use information about your relationship with us, such as types of accounts, transactional information, and your location to help determine which advertisements and offers to present and to make those advertisements and offers more relevant for you.
We and/or our third-party advertising providers may collect certain information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our Site, such as pages visited and search terms entered to help determine which of our advertisements or offers may be of interest to you. Advertisements for Bethpage may appear on other websites that use the same third-party advertising providers as us. Some of these advertisements may contain cookies that allow for the monitoring of your response to these advertisements. These third-party advertising providers may also use your browsing history across websites to choose which advertisements to display to you.
Sharing of Information
Please refer to our Consumer Privacy Notice for our policy on sharing information, including how to opt out or limit certain information from being shared.
3. E-mail and Electronic Communications
Communications, such as e-mail, text messaging, social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube) messaging, and other electronic forms are often insecure. Please do not submit sensitive personal information (such as account number or social security number) via electronic communication.
4. Social Media
You may find information about us or our products and services through our social media pages, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube. Any information you share is visible to all participants on these social media sites and you should never post any sensitive personal information (such as account number or social security number) on these social media sites. These social media sites may have different privacy policies from ours, so please be sure to carefully review the policy of each social media site. For more information, please see our Social Media Participation Guidelines.
5. Children’s Privacy
The Site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we request that all visitors to the Site under the age of thirteen do not provide any personally identifiable information through or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of thirteen without parental consent.
6. Third Party Websites
7. Online Security
To protect personally identifiable information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply will all applicable federal and state laws. These measures may include device safeguards and secured files and buildings as well as oversight of our third party service providers to ensure information remains confidential and secure.
8. Notice to Persons Accessing this Site Outside the United States
If you reside outside of the United States, any information you provide to us on the Site will be transferred out of your country and into the United States. If you do not want personally identifiable information to leave your country, do not provide the information to us. By providing personally identifiable information to us, you explicitly consent to the transfer of your information to the United States.
9. Changes to Policy
10. Questions or Comments
- California Privacy Notice
- Consumer Member Account Agreement
- Business Member Account Agreement
- Fee Schedule
- Funds Availability Policy
- Consumer Overdraft Policy Disclosure
- Wire Transfer Agreement and Disclosure
- Consumer Electronics Funds Transfer Disclosure
- Digital Services – Online and Mobile Banking Agreement
- Digital Bill Pay Agreement
- Digital Deposits (Remote Deposit Capture) Addendum
- Digital Services – Consumer and Business Zelle Agreement
- Credit Card Disclosure – Pricing Information
- Cardholder Agreement
- Web Linking Policy
- Social Media Policy
- Digital Wallet Disclosure
- Consumer Privacy Notice
- Arbitration and Waiver of Class Action
- E-Sign Disclosure