Bethpage Federal Credit Union:
Bethpage Free Checking Promotion Fall 2021
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
1. SWEEPSTAKES DESCRIPTION: The Bethpage Federal Credit Union (“Bethpage”) Free Checking Promotion Fall 2021 (the “Promotion”) is a promotion where entrants (or “participants”) are either: 1) new members that open a new Bethpage Free Checking Account (Free Checking is also called Bonus Checking); 2) existing members without a Bethpage Free Checking Account, who open a new Bethpage Free Checking Account; or 3) current members, new members or non-members that submit a mailed entry, during the applicable Entry Period, as described below and in Section 3 (entitled “How to Participate”), will be entered into the Promotion for a chance to win one (1) of ten (10) Republic Studio RTHKO bicycles (collectively, “Prize”), as more fully described below in Section 4 (entitled “Prize and Approximate Retail Value”). Limit one (1) entry per person. Odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of valid entries submitted during the entry period. The Promotion entry period begins on Monday, October 18, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Friday, December 31, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Winners will be announced on Monday, January 10, 2022 by 5:00 p.m. ET. Entry in the Promotion does not constitute entry into any other promotion or sweepstakes. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Bethpage, 899 South Oyster Bay Road, Bethpage, NY 11714, whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Promotion is open to legal U.S. residents (excluding residents of Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam and other United States territories), who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Bethpage and its affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, franchisees, distributors, dealers, sales representatives, their advertising and promotion agencies, any and all other companies associated with the Bethpage or this Promotion, immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings) and individuals living in the households of such persons are not eligible to participate. Eligibility is subject to all federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations.
The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE (Entry Period begins on Monday, October 18, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. ET and ends on Friday, December 31, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET. )
Participants may enter the Promotion in one of two (2) ways.
(a) If you are (or become) a new member or an existing member without a Bethpage Free Checking Account, open a new Bethpage Free Checking Account, during the Entry Period. After the Bethpage Free Checking Account is opened, Bethpage will automatically enter the member into the Promotion for a chance to win a Prize.
(b) To enter the Promotion without opening a new Bethpage Free Checking Account, hand print your full name, address, zip code, evening telephone number, date of birth and valid email address on a plain piece of 3”x 5” paper, and mail with a self-addressed, stamped envelope with first-class postage affixed during the Entry Period to: Bethpage, Marketing Department – Bethpage Free Checking Promotion Fall 2021, 899 S. Oyster Bay Road, Bethpage, NY 11714.
All entries, regardless of method of entry, must be received by Friday, December 31, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
Participants will only be entered once in the Promotion, and may redeem only one Prize, regardless of how many Bethpage Free Checking Accounts are opened and how many mailed entries participants submit during the Entry Period. If the Bethpage Free Checking Account is opened jointly during the Entry Period, only the primary member will be entered in the Promotion, and the joint owner is not eligible to participate in the Promotion. All entries are subject to verification and approval by Bethpage. Entries that do not meet the requirements or otherwise do not comply with the Official Rules herein, will be disqualified.
Bethpage will determine, in its sole discretion, what constitutes a valid entry. All materials submitted become the property of Bethpage and will not be returned or acknowledged.
Bethpage reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion if fraud or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Promotion as determined by Bethpage, in its sole discretion, and to void any prize awards claimed after the cancellation.
4. PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”):
Below is a list of Prizes and the respective odds:
||Number of Prizes
|Republic Studio RTHKO Bicycle
||Odds of winning Prize depends on the number of valid entries submitted during Entry Period.
A total of ten (10) Prizes will be awarded. The total AVR of all ten (10) Prizes is $7,990.00. Winners will be chosen in a random drawing containing all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Winners are subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules. Other conditions and restrictions may apply.
Federal, state and local taxes and expenses relating to the acceptance and use of the Prize are the sole responsibility of each winner. 1099 Tax forms may be provided to the winners at the end of the tax year, when forms are available.
5. PRIZE CLAIM: Conduct of the Promotion is under the supervision of Bethpage. If the winning entry is submitted via opening a new Free Checking Account, and the winner is over the age of eighteen (18) at the time of entry, the winner will be notified via, email, phone, or express mail using the contact information provided at the time the eligible account is opened (“Notification”). If the winning entry is submitted via postage mail, the winner will be notified via email, phone, or express mail using the contact information provided at the time of entry (“Notification”). Winners are required to sign and return (except where prohibited) a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release and a W-9 tax form (the "Paperwork") within fourteen (14) days of the Notification in order to be awarded the Prize. After verification of the Paperwork, the Prize will be mailed to the Prize winner. Bethpage shall have no liability for any Prize that is lost, intercepted or not received for any reason. If the Prize winner cannot be reached within two (2) days from the first Notification attempt, fails to return the Paperwork within fourteen (14) days of the first Notification attempt, is found to be ineligible, does not comply with the Official Rules, declines a Prize for any reason prior to the award, or if Notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, such Prize winner will forfeit his or her Prize, as well as be disqualified, and an alternate Prize winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries. In no event will more than stated number of Prizes be awarded. Limit one (1) Prize per person. Not valid with any other offer.
6. GENERAL RULES; PUBLICITY RELEASE/ASSIGNMENT OF RIGHTS: By participating and/or receiving the Prize, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Bethpage, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Entrant affirms that he or she is 18 years of age and has the right to contract his/her own name.
Entry in the Promotion constitutes entrant’s permission for Bethpage to use entrant’s entry materials, name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and complete address (collectively, the “Attributes”), for advertising, publicity and/or trade purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization, (except where prohibited by law), and entrant releases Bethpage from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes. Acceptance of any prize constitutes Prize winner’s permission for Bethpage to use Prize winner’s Attributes for advertising, publicity and trade purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization, except where prohibited by law, and Prize winner releases Bethpage from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes. Winners will be required to complete and sign Affidavits of Eligibility and Liability/Public Release, and a W-9 tax form in order to claim prizes.
7. DISQUALIFICATION: Bethpage reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or with the intent to disparage, annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or is suspected of or commits fraud. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, Bethpage reserves the right to seek damages and any other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted.
8. TERMINATION AND MODIFICATION: Bethpage reserves the right to terminate or modify this Promotion without prior notice for any reason, including (but not limited to) if, for any reason, the Promotion does not take place, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, legal prohibition, or any other causes beyond the control of Bethpage which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, or any other reason whatsoever. If such termination occurs, Bethpage reserves the right to award the Prizes (as applicable) from all eligible entries received by the end of the day prior to cancellation, or not to award any Prizes.
9. SURVIVAL: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Bethpage’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Winners and all entrants, as a condition of entry into the Promotion, agree to release and hold harmless Bethpage, its affiliates and related individuals from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with participating in any aspect of the Promotion, the receipt, ownership or use of Prize awarded or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of the Prize. Bethpage assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, or theft. Bethpage shall have no liability for any entries that are lost, late, damaged, illegible, misdirected, intercepted or not received for any reason.
11. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal or state court of the state of New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Bethpage in connection with the Promotion shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of New York.
12. DATA COLLECTION: Bethpage collects personal information from participants when they enter the Promotion for use in administration of the Promotion. Bethpage and its promotional partners reserve the right to provide Promotion entrants with promotional emails and information regarding Bethpage products or services (“Promotional Materials”), unless the entrant opts out of receiving such materials (or has already opted out as a current member of Bethpage).
If you are not a current member of Bethpage and enter the Promotion by opening a new Bethpage Free Checking Account, you will have the opportunity to consent to receive Promotional Materials. If you are not a current member at Bethpage and enter the Promotion without opening an account, you may opt out of receiving Promotional Materials by affirming on the mailed 3x5 entry card that you do not want to receive these materials.
13. SPONSOR: The Promotion is sponsored by Bethpage Federal Credit Union 899 S. Oyster Bay Road Bethpage, New York 11714.
You understand that you are providing your information to Bethpage Federal Credit Union and the information you provide will only be used in the event you are a winner or if you have indicated that you would like to receive additional information from Bethpage Federal Credit Union.
14. WINNERS LIST: To obtain the names of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Bethpage Federal Credit Union, Marketing Department – Bethpage Free Checking Promotion Fall 2021, 899 South Oyster Bay Road, Bethpage, NY 11714. All such requests must be received by February 15, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. ET.