Retirement planning is a term that refers to the allocation of financial resources towards retirement. In most case this simply means setting aside money or other similar assets for the purposes of collecting a living income once you’re past working age. Getting ready to retire is a process that ideally starts as early as possible in one’s working career. Allowing investments more time to earn for us is the best way to build our portfolios.
Our professional services can help members design the right portfolio given their particular goals. Retirement planning is no walk in the park, but with some work this planning can be done effectively and with success.
Smart planning will yield a comprehensive strategy for systematic and disciplined contributions to fund a retirement goal.
An example of financial planning after an investor has retired is the strategy to withdraw from taxable accounts first in order to let tax sheltered funds grow unimpeded for as long as they possibly can. Retirement planning in its essence is an effort to get more mileage out of the money we have to invest, both on the way in and at withdrawal when we retire.
Choose the Retirement Account that’s best for you:
- Traditional IRA – Traditional IRA investors can benefit from tax-deferred earning, based on income level.
- Roth IRA – The major advantage of a Roth IRA is that you will be eligible for tax-free distributions on future qualified withdrawals.
- Rollover IRA – This plan is typically a Traditional IRA that you can move money into from other retirement plans (an old 401(k), 403(b) or another IRA)
- SEP IRA – This retirement plan offers a valuable investment opportunity for self-employed individuals and small business owners.
- SIMPLE IRA – This retirement plan for small businesses can serve as a valuable retirement savings alternative to a traditional 401(k) plan.
This does not constitute tax advice. Consult your tax advisor. There are fees, expenses, deferred taxes and penalties and withholding for early withdrawals associated with IRAs.
Registered representatives of INVEST Financial Corporation, member FINRA / SIPC, and affiliated insurance agencies offer securities, advisory services and certain insurance products and are not affiliated with other entities named. Products and services offered through INVEST are: *Not NCUA insured *Not guaranteed by any Credit Union *May lose value including loss of principal.
This website may contain concepts that have legal, accounting and tax implications. It is not intended to provide legal, accounting or tax advice. You may wish to consult an attorney, tax advisor, or accountant regarding your specific situation. No representations are made as to the accuracy of the information contained herein or any information contained in any link provided herein.
Important Consumer Information:
This site is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a solicitation or offering of any security and;
- Representatives of a broker-dealer ("BD") or investment advisor ("IA") may only conduct business in a state if the representatives and the BD or IA they represent (a) satisfy the qualification requirements of, and are approved to do business by, the state; or (b) are excluded or exempted from the state's licensure requirements.
- Representatives of a BD or IA are deemed to conduct business in a state to the extent that they provide individualized responses to investor inquiries that involve (a) effecting, or attempting to effect, transactions in securities; or (b) rendering personalized investment advice for compensation.