Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program offers free tax help for low- to moderate-income
(generally $55,000 and below) individuals and families. Bilingual tax assistance is available.
Please note: No appointment is necessary for Saturdays.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING THE FOLLOWING:*
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents
- An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and
your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,
1099-Misc) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- All Forms 1095, Health Insurance Statements (1095-A, 1095-B,
1095-C), Health Insurance Exemption Certificate (if received)
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns (if available)
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct
deposit such as a blank check
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s
tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or
business Employer Identification Number
* To file taxes electronically on a married filing joint tax return, both spouses must be present.
For more information about VITA, call us at (516) 349-4288 or email us at email@example.com.